This report presents findings from the review of the merits of the 3 location options, and the option C variant. It is intended to provide information during the public consultation on location options to inform government decision-making on the location and means of delivering a new crossing.
The report contains the content of a strategic outline business case for the location options which provides details about the:
- case for change (‘strategic case’)
- value for money (‘economic case’ which includes consideration of environmental, economic, social and distributional factors)
- commercial viability (‘commercial case’)
- financial affordability (‘financial case’)
- achievability (‘management case’)
Correction: the figures in table 4.12 on page 43 of the Final Review Report that detail the percentage of zones where air quality would deteriorate and improve were tabulated incorrectly (figures for improvements were recorded as deteriorations and vice versa) for options B, C and Cvariant. The air quality analysis itself and the reporting of that analysis in the Appraisal Summary Tables (tables 4.4 to 4.7, pages 35 to 38) remain correct.