Research and analysis
Respiratory virus circulation, England and Wales
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV): guidance, data and analysis
- First published:
- 24 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 23 December 2016, see all updates
Six major respiratory viruses reported from PHE and NHS laboratories in England and Wales between weeks 1 of 2004 and 49 of 2016.
Six major respiratory viruses reported from PHE and NHS laboratories (SGSS) in England and Wales between weeks 01/2004 and 49/2016
PDF, 37.1KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This graph shows the weekly distribution (using 3-week moving average method) of the number of samples positive for 6 major respiratory viruses, including:
- influenza A
- influenza B
These viruses were reported from Public Health England (PHE) and NHS laboratories voluntary surveillance database, the Second Generation Surveillance System (SGSS).
Information for England and Wales between weeks 1 of 2004 and 49 of 2016.
Published: 24 July 2014
Updated: 23 December 2016
- Updated graph to week 49, 2016.
- Updated with data up to week 40 of 2016.
- Updated 6 major respiratory viruses graph.
- Updated graph with data leading up to week 41 2014, instead of week 44 2014.
- The respiratory pathogen circulation has been updated.
- First published.