This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government has taken forward the Task Force's recommendations for reducing regulatory burden so far.
Ref: PB13947 PDF, 171KB, 21 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Government has published a one year update to the Government Response to the Forestry Regulation Task Force. The update report shows good progress against all our commitments including:
- Significantly increasing activity to address plant health and biosecurity threats
- Overseeing a continued increase in the amount of woodland in management
- Improving the customer interface for forestry grants and regulations
- Encouraging and supporting an industry led approach to tackling forestry’s very poor health and safety record
- Consulting on legislation to remove forestry-only activities from the scope of the Gangmasters Licensing Authority.