Report a lost or stolen British passport from overseas

Complete form LS01 to report your British passport lost or stolen if you’re outside the UK.


Report a lost or stolen passport: form LS01

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


If you’re outside the UK, complete form LS01 to report your passport lost or stolen.

If you’re in the UK you need to report it in a different way.

Published 27 August 2013
Last updated 28 September 2018 + show all updates
  1. Uploaded a revised form.

  2. Updated form published.

  3. Updated form

  4. First published.