Removal of apprenticeship frameworks
A list of apprenticeship frameworks to be removed as part of the apprenticeship reform programme.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 14.4KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The government expects to move from apprenticeship frameworks to standards over the course of the parliament. We are phasing the withdrawal of apprenticeship frameworks as employers take on apprentices on the new standards and ensuring issuing authorities and training providers have reasonable notice to prepare for the changes.
This list of apprenticeship frameworks contains the withdrawal date for all the frameworks we have either withdrawn or are withdrawing.
The information document explains why we are withdrawing apprenticeships frameworks and further information on the process of transitioning from frameworks to standards.
Latest batch of apprenticeship withdrawals
Earlier this year we asked for feedback on a fourth batch of proposed framework withdrawals.
We recognise that we are in a period of considerable change for the sector, so to maximise stability we have now postponed the next wave of frameworks to be withdrawn until the autumn.
Once we have finalised the next batch of frameworks to be withdrawn we will publish them on this page. We will delay the original proposed withdrawal dates from April 2018 to a later date that will account for the postponement of the announcement, and will ensure we give a sufficient notice period to the sector.
We will continue to give advance warning of framework withdrawals on this page and through our established communications channels.
Published: 2 March 2016
Updated: 2 August 2017
- Updated information about the latest batch of apprenticeship withdrawals.
- Updated list of apprenticeship frameworks that will be withdrawn for new starts.
- We are asking for feedback on the withdrawal of the fourth batch of apprenticeship frameworks.
- Updated list of apprenticeship frameworks to be removed as part of the apprenticeship reform programme.
- Added information about the consultation on the withdrawal of the third batch of apprenticeship frameworks.
- We have now published a second batch of 60 apprenticeship frameworks that we will withdraw for new starts from 1 December 2016. These frameworks had a low number of reported starts in the 2014 to 2015 and the 2015 to 2016 funding years or have provision covered by developing apprenticeship standards. This change will not affect those apprentices currently completing their apprenticeship on these frameworks.
- First published.