Related party transactions: information for academy trusts

Guidance for academy trusts declaring or seeking approval for related party transactions.



Academy trusts must declare or seek approval using the related party transactions online form.

You will need an IDAMS account to use the form. You can set up an account and approve other users by following the guidance How to register for an IDAMS account.

You can read a message from Eileen Milner about introducing the new reporting requirement for related party transactions.

Academy trusts must continue to report all related party transactions in their end of year financial statements, following guidance set out in the Academies Accounts Direction.

Related party transactions: what’s changed?

Related party transactions: What do I need to do?

Published 22 March 2019
Last updated 26 September 2019 + show all updates
  1. We've updated information in the documents: summary guidance, using the online form, glossary of terms and guidance for church schools. We've also added a checklist to support completion of the online form.
  2. Updated with a guide to using the online form for related party transactions and a link to the online form.
  3. First published.