Fish meal and fish oil production: process guidance note 6/19
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Department of the Environment (Northern Ireland), Welsh Government, and The Scottish Government
- Part of:
- Local Air Pollution Prevention and Control (LAPPC): process guidance notes
- 2 December 2013
Regulators must use this process guidance note (PGN) to assess applications and write permits for fish meal and fish oil producers.
Process guidance note 6/19(13): statutory guidance for fish meal and fish oil processes and installations
Ref: PG6/19(13) PDF, 751KB, 68 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Local authority regulators can be:
- district councils, borough councils, unitary councils or port health authorities in England and Wales
- the Scottish Environment Protection Agency in Scotland
- district councils or the Northern Ireland Environment Agency in Northern Ireland
This PGN includes:
- air emission limits
- emission monitoring methods
- best available techniques to control air emissions
- application form template
- model permit for fish meal and fish oil installations
Fish meal and fish oil production are ‘Part B’ activities under the local authority pollution prevention and control (LAPPC) regime.
Published: 2 December 2013