Advice for conveyancers on registration of legal charges and deeds of variation (practice guide 29).
This guide gives advice on the registration of legal charges and deeds of variation of the terms of a registered charge at HM Land Registry. It is aimed at conveyancers.
How to avoid HM Land Registry requisitions
Watch this video about company charges.
This is part of a series of videos on how to avoid requisitions.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 28 November 2016
- Section 11 has been amended to refer to the register completion sheet rather than the title information document.
- Video about How to avoid Land Registry requisitions: Company charges added
- Section 12.1 has been amended as we have revised our practice on local authority signatories to letters of postponement.
- Section 12 has been added detailing our practice on the postponement of charges.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Section 9.1 has been amended to make it clear that when you lodge a scanned image of an approved charge for registration, the ‘MD’ reference of the charge must clearly appear on the scanned image.
- Welsh translation added.
- First published.