Reducing health inequalities
Sets out criteria to assess whether health bodies are meeting their health inequalities duties.
The latest letter from Secretary of State for Health Jeremy Hunt to the heads of a number of health bodies acknowledges the progress made in addressing health inequalities in 2013 to 2014.
It also sets out the criteria he will use to assess how they are meeting their legal duties on health inequalities in 2014 to 2015.
The criteria cover:
- governance, accountability and monitoring arrangements
- being strategic and evidence-based
- working collaboratively with partners
- addressing health inequalities across main priorities such as reducing premature mortality
- improving access and outcomes for vulnerable groups