Rapid Review Panel recommendation listing: 2004 to 2015
A list of all Rapid Review Panel (RRP) decisions on products.
RRP recommendation listing: December 2004 to January 2015
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
All recommendations should be considered with respect to the year of review.
Between December 2004 to February 2015, the RRP made 1 of the following recommendation level scores:
- R1: basic research and development, validation and recent in use evaluations have shown benefits that should be available to NHS bodies to include as appropriate in their cleaning, hygiene or infection control protocols
- R2: basic research and development has been completed and the product may have potential value; in use evaluations and trials are now needed in an NHS clinical setting
- R3: a potentially useful new concept but insufficiently validated; more research and development is required before it is ready for evaluation in practice
- R4a: not a significant improvement on equipment, materials and products already available which claim to contribute to reducing health care associated infection; no further consideration needed
- R4b: unlikely to contribute to the reduction of health care associated infection; no further consideration needed
- R5: insufficient clarity and/or evidence presented to enable a full review of the product
- R6: an established product that does not merit further consideration by the panel
- R7: the product is not sufficiently related to infection control procedures to merit consideration by the panel
In the recommendation listing note:
- submissions with no recommendation (NR) most commonly result from a lack of clarity in the evidence provided by the applicant
- meetings MRRS 01 to 16 have been retrospectively assigned reference numbers
- all recommendations made by the RRP are in the context of products available for use to the NHS at the date of evaluation
If you require the branded recommendation statement publication, please email email@example.com with the product name, company name and reference number and we will supply where available.
Published: 26 September 2014
Updated: 6 March 2015
- Updated listing.
- The RRP has updated to become more open and transparent to better assist those who use the RRPs evaluations. All previous recommendations remain unchanged and should be viewed in the context of the date of review.
- Updated recommendation listing.
- First published.
From: Public Health England