A list of rail franchising invitations to tender let since 2005.
This list features invitations to tender for franchises let by the Department for Transport since 2005.
Formerly, the Department for Transport (DfT) published a franchise invitation to tender (ITT) once the franchise had commenced and the public register franchise agreement (PRFA) had been agreed between the relevant train operating company and DfT.
Following a review of that policy, subject to the application of any exemptions under the FOI act (eg commercial prejudice), DfT rail procurement intends to make an ITT publicly available at the same time as it is disclosed to pre qualified bidders in the future.
- Clarification on additional capacity in New Cross Country franchise (PDF, 24 KB)
- East Midlands franchise ITT (PDF, 466 KB)
- Greater Western franchise ITT June 2005 (PDF, 1000 MB)
- Integrated Kent franchise ITT January 2005 (PDF, 1000 MB)
- InterCity East Coast ITT (PDF, 1 MB)
- InterCity Express Programme (IEP) ITT (PDF, 7000 MB)
- New Cross County franchise ITT (PDF, 342 KB)
- New Cross Country franchise Invitation to Tender - Clarification (PDF, 41 KB)
- South Central franchise ITT (PDF, 1 MB)
- South Western franchise ITT (PDF, 420 KB)
- Thameslink/GN franchise ITT June 2005 (PDF, 1000 MB)
- West Midlands franchise ITT (PDF, 648 KB)