Playing fields and school land: selling or change of use
Guidance on protecting school playing fields and schools' powers to protect land.
This is for:
- local authorities
- academy trusts
- diocesan authorities
- governing bodies
- School Playing Field Advisory Panel
- sporting bodies
It applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- special schools
- academies and free schools
It explains what to do before you can sell school playing field land, or change the way it is used.
Published: 11 March 2014
Updated: 29 May 2015
- Revised document to clarify the criteria on applying for permission to sell land or change the way it is used.
- Revised document to clarify the criteria on applying for consent for the disposal of land or a change to its use.
- Small amends to document.
- Updated contact details in advice document.
- Updated guidance
- First published.