Advice for cattle keepers on what they can do to help reduce the risk of TB infection in their herds.
This document lists some examples of good practice which can help to protect herds from the risk of TB and other infectious diseases from other cattle or infected wildlife.
It includes information on:
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of TB testing
- cleansing of disinfection of the farm and equipment
- maintaining farm boundaries and gateways
- livestock housing
- health planning for herds
- reducing the risk of infection from wildlife
The guidance is for cattle keepers in Scotland, and areas of England and Wales where is a low incidence of TB.