The Project Delivery Functional Standard is a reference for all government departments and arm’s length bodies, and is designed to be applicable to all types of government projects.
It contains 7 main elements:
- The purpose and scope of the standard
- Principles for directing and managing portfolios, programmes and projects
- Overview of portfolio, programme and project management
- Governance and roles of portfolios, programmes and projects
- Portfolio management
- Programme and project management
- Practices which support project delivery
The Standard is published alongside the Project Delivery Capability Framework, which sets out the career paths, competencies and development opportunities for the government project delivery profession.
For more guidance on project delivery, refer to the guidance on project and programme management.
To connect with others in the profession, register on our Knowledge Hub network and join the ‘Government Project Delivery Community’ (GovPDC), the social network for project delivery professionals.