The report sets out what work is underway and some important achievements in the first year of the strategy including:
- establishing baseline data to improve the way we monitor antibiotic prescribing and trends in resistance
- publishing antimicrobial prescribing quality measures
- launching an ‘antibiotic guardian’ campaign
- improving the coordination of research into AMR
- leading the development of a new World Health Organization resolution on AMR
- establishing an independent review on AMR
The report also includes detail of what we want to do over the remaining 4 years of the strategy.
This is published on behalf of the high level steering group responsible for driving delivery of the UK AMR strategy.