The memorandum provides a preliminary assessment on the Equality Act 2010.
Memorandum to the Women and Equalities Select Committee on the Post-Legislative Assessment of the Equality Act 2010
Ref: ISBN 9781474121767, CM 9101 PDF, 2.02MB, 86 pages
Memorandum to the Women and Equalities Select Committee on the Post-Legislative Assessment of the Equality Act 2010 (print-ready PDF)
Ref: ISBN 9781474121750, CM 9101 PDF, 2.03MB, 88 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Publishing.email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The memorandum provides a factual account of developments since the Act received Royal Assent, including:
- a summary of why the Act was introduced;
- a breakdown of which elements have or have not come into force;
- a list of associated secondary legislation;
- a summary of key case law;
- and a preliminary assessment outlining whether the Act is achieving its core aims.