Statutory guidance for local authorities on supplying transport to students and trainees aged 16 to 18.
This statutory guidance is for local authorities.
It applies to all post-16 students or trainees attending:
- a school
- a further education institution
- an authority maintained or assisted institution providing higher or further education
- an establishment funded directly by the Education and Skills Funding Agency
- a learning provider that is funded by the local authority to deliver accredited programmes of learning (including colleges, charities and private learning providers)
- a place of work or apprenticeship
Statutory guidance sets out what schools and local authorities must do to comply with the law. You should follow the guidance unless you have a very good reason not to.