Post-16 funding allocations supporting documents for 2016 to 2017
This publication was withdrawn on
This page relates to the 2016 to 2017 academic year. Please visit our 16 to 19 allocations page for the latest information.
Information for post-16 institutions about how we have calculated their post-16 allocation.
PDF, 485KB, 17 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 377KB, 11 pages
16 to 19 sixth-form and academy student number and funding factor toolkit - 2016 to 2017 example file
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 490KB
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 1.3MB
The documents on this page have been produced to help you understand how we have calculated your post-16 allocation.
We have now issued final post-16 allocation statements, inclusive of student support funding, to all institutions. These have been uploaded to EFA Information Exchange and are located in the ‘Revenue Funding’ folder, under AY 2016 to 2017.
We have updated all of our explanatory notes to clarify how we have calculated allocations of student support funding. The Further Education explanatory note now also confirms our approach to funding commercial and charitable providers (CCPs) for 2016 to 2017 and the business case deadline for CCPs and higher education institutions returning HESA data.
The relevant explanatory notes also confirm the thresholds and deadlines by which an institution should raise any queries or put forward a business case in relation to their final allocation statement.
Further information on 16 to 19 funding allocations is available on GOV.UK.
Changes to EFA funding for 16 to 19 year olds academic year 2016 to 2017
A video has been prepared to show the changes to EFA funding for 16 to 19 year olds - 2016 to 2017.
Published: 14 January 2016
Updated: 31 March 2016
- Student support information added to special post-16 institution and non maintained special school explanatory note
- Explanatory note: Special post-16 institution and non maintained special school - allocation statement for academic year 2016 to 2017 has been added
- Explanatory notes for further education institutions and sixth-form and academy allocation statements for academic year 2016 to 2017 have been added.
- Documents added: Sixth-form and academy student number statement academic year 2016 to 2017, Allocation calculation toolkit: 2016 to 2017 academic year 16 to 19 sixth-form and academy student number and 16 to 19 sixth-form and academy student number and funding factor toolkit 2016 to 2017 example file.
- Explanatory note: Further education institutions student number statement – academic year 2016 to 2017 has been added
- First published.