These plans are based on a number of assumptions which are that:
- ACCEA believes there will be a round for renewal applications in 2013 and this will be the first time that these can be supported by citations
- for planning purposes ACCEA is working on the assumption that there will also be a 2013 round for new awards
- a round in 2013 would operate according to 2012 business rules. This assumption is based on the fact that the report of the Review Body on Doctor’s and Dentist’s Remuneration (DDRB) has yet to be released and consequently it seems very unlikely that a new scheme could be in place in time for a 2013 round
- ACCEA is very unlikely to be given the go-ahead to run a 2013 round until the 2012 round has been completed which will be at the end of February 2013
- if we are given the go ahead in March 2013 we could open the round almost immediately with a closing date for applications towards the end of June 2013. National nominating body processes would need to have been completed before the closing date for applications at the end of June 2013 should this timescale operate.
If you wish to begin work on an application for a possible round in 2013 please use the forms attached.
As these are assumptions, we have to make it clear that we cannot be absolutely certain that the Minister will agree to a 2013 round and we cannot be certain that if we are given the go ahead, it will be in March 2013.