Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Phonics screening data collection 2017: technical specification
The scope of, and business rationale for, the phonics screening check data collection 2017.
This specification is intended for:
- suppliers developing software for use in management information systems (MIS)
- local authorities collecting and submitting the phonics screening check data collection 2017
- the business rationale for the return
- changes to the 2017 return
- assessment module descriptions
- methods for importing data into local authorities information systems
- XML formats and messages
- validation check information
This guide must be read in conjunction with the current version of the common basic data set (CBDS). It defines common data items that schools use in MIS software and that we use in our data collections.