Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Phonics screening data collection 2016: technical specification
This document defines the scope of the 2016 phonics screening check data collection from local authorities.
This specification is intended for:
- suppliers developing software for use in management information systems (MIS)
- local authorities submitting phonics screening check data collection 2016 returns
- changes to the previous year’s data collection
- what pupil data to collect from each school
- methods for importing the data into local authorities’ information systems
- how to structure the data in XML
- how to check the data against the validation rules
This guide must be read in conjunction with the current version of the common basic data set (CBDS). It defines common data items that schools use in MIS software and that we use in our data collections.