Phonics screening check data collection 2016: guide
- Department for Education
- Part of:
- Phonics screening check data collection: closed collections
- First published:
- 26 May 2016
- Last updated:
- 7 June 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
How local authorities should complete and submit data for the 2016 phonics screening check data collection.
This guide includes information on:
- what schools are in the scope of the collection
- what pupils are in the scope of the collection
- what data to submit
- what formats to report the data in
Read more guidance about submitting data for the 2016 phonics screening check data collection.
Phonics teaches people to read by relating sounds with letters and words. The phonics screening check is designed to check whether pupils understand phonics to an appropriate standard.
Published: 26 May 2016
Updated: 7 June 2016
- Updated guide's sections on legal duties under the Data Protection Act.
- First published.