Pharmaceutical manufacturing and production sector: Focus on Enforcement regulatory review
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Business regulation
- First published:
- 12 June 2014
Findings from the review of regulatory enforcement in the pharmaceutical sector.
Focus on Enforcement regulatory reviews: Review of the pharmaceutical manufacturing and production sector
Ref: BIS/14/855 PDF, 396KB, 26 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Focus on Enforcement project asks the public to help identify where regulation can be improved, reduced or done differently.
This report summarises the findings of the Focus on Enforcement review of enforcement as it affects the pharmaceutical manufacturing and production sector. It covers:
- compliance and enforcement activity
- advice available to business on how to comply with the law
- overlaps, gaps and coordination between different regulators
- inspections of locations and equipment by regulators
- perceptions of the law that may drive unnecessary behaviour
- responding to unfair or unnecessary requirements inposed by regulators
- enforcement proceedings taken by regulators
- whether there is unreasonable or unnecessary pressure brought to bear on providers by third-parties
Published: 12 June 2014