File a Petroleum Revenue Tax return on behalf of a participator

Use form PRT2 to file a return for a statement of oil won and saved during the chargeable period, if you're acting on behalf of a participator.



You must complete this form and deliver it to HMRC within 1 month after the end of the chargeable period, under the provisions of paragraph 5, schedule 2 Oil Taxation Act 1975.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

If you’re a participator in an oil field you can also use Petroleum Revenue Tax forms:

Published 4 April 2014
Last updated 14 August 2017 + show all updates
  1. Oil allowance in Section B removed as reporting of zero-rating of Petroleum Revenue Tax is no longer required.

  2. First published.