Guidelines for the public health management of pertussis incidents in healthcare settings
Ref: PHE publications gateway number: 2016412 PDF, 484KB, 35 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This is a detailed guide to the public health management of Pertussis in healthcare settings and includes:
- revised definitions of the priority groups for public health action in line with the 2016 national guidelines
- in particular the definition of a vulnerable infant which takes into account the latest evidence of the effectiveness of the immunisation programme for pregnant women
- revised definition of the recommended exclusion period, which has been reduced from 5 days to 48 hours after appropriate antibiotic therapy
- updated flow diagrams for management of cases and close contacts (Appendices 1 and 2)
Published: 25 October 2012
Updated: 2 November 2016
- Updated guidelines for the public health management of pertussis in healthcare settings
- First published.