An introduction to calculating the performance points for key stage 4 or 16-to-18 qualifications.
We use performance points to compare qualifications of different sizes and grading systems for schools and colleges in England.
Use this document to:
- identify whether a qualification is eligible for points
- calculate the points for a qualification
- find the qualification on Ofqual’s register of regulated qualifications
The document includes:
- intentions and limitations of the system
- qualification eligibility
- a register of regulated qualifications
- the basics of the system
- examples of how to use the performance tables
- exceptions and special cases
- graded exams