Pension savings tax charges - guidance for members of overseas pension schemes that are not UK registered pension schemes: HS346 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: main Self Assessment tax return and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Pension savings tax charges and taxable lump sums from overseas pension schemes.
PDF, 103KB, 1 page
HS346 Pension savings tax charges - guidance for members of overseas pension schemes that are not UK registered pension schemes (2014)
Ref: HS346 PDF, 242KB, 26 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains how to enter pension savings tax charges and taxable lump sums from overseas pension schemes on your tax return. It covers:
- benefits in excess of the lifetime allowance
- pension savings in excess of the annual allowance
- unauthorised payments
- short service refunds of contributions
- lump sum death benefit payments
- serious ill health lump sums paid after you reached age 75
- trivial commutation and winding-up lump sums
- flexible drawdown taken during a period of temporary non residence
HM Revenue and Customs is not producing a version of this helpsheet for 2016 onwards because it has been merged with HS345 Self Assessment helpsheet.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- HM Revenue and Customs is not producing a 2017 version of this helpsheet, because it has been merged with HS345, please search GOV.UK for HS345.
- HMRC is not producing a 2016 version of this helpsheet because it has been merged with HS345, please search GOV.UK for HS345.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.