When London won the right to host the 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games we promised to create a sustainable legacy for London and the UK.
We are committed to ensuring that this legacy - the imprint that the 2012 Games make on the UK - begins to take shape now and lasts until well after 2012.
If everyone joins in and takes part, we can make the following happen:
- Make the UK a world-leading sporting nation
- Transform the heart of East London
- Inspire a generation of young people to take part in local volunteering, cultural and physical activity
- Make the Olympic Park a blueprint for sustainable living
- Demonstrate the UK is a creative, inclusive and welcoming place to live in, visit and for business
The following publication is therefore a call to action - we have five years to make these commitments a reality, but only your imagination, commitment and involvement can make it happen.