You can apply for an organisational licence if your business or organisation:
- carries out an activity that’s routine
- carries out an activity that affects one or more protected species
- has consistently met the conditions of other types of wildlife licences in the past
This means you may not need to apply for a separate licence each time you carry out that activity.
You cannot get this licence if your activity:
- will have a medium or high impact on a European protected species
- is a one-off, such as development
You can ask Natural England if you need an organisational licence before you apply. This advice is free.
How to apply
To apply for this licence, complete the request form and send it to email@example.com.
Natural England will contact you within 15 working days to:
- tell you if your request is eligible
- give a timetable of what happens next
When you need to pay for this licence
You will usually need to pay Natural England for the time it takes to prepare your organisational licence. Exceptions would be if you’re doing conservation work or preserving public health and safety. Natural England will tell you if this is the case.
- £110 per hour for this work
- £110 per hour if you need to change your licence, for example you want it to cover different types of work
- £330 each time you renew your licence
If Natural England need to visit your site you’ll pay:
- £110 per hour for travel time
- travel costs at 45p per mile
How to pay
Natural England will send you an invoice when it approves your request.
You can pay by:
- electronic bank transfer
- debit or credit card by telephone - except American Express
Your invoice will give details for these payment methods.
You need to include the invoice number with your payment so Natural England can match it to your request.
VAT does not apply to charges for wildlife licences.