Licence for the export of military goods and transfers if the export is in support of UK government defence contracts.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export of military goods, provision of technical assistance, and transfer of software and technology to a range of destinations if the export or transfer is in support of UK government defence contracts.
All previous licences are revoked.
This licence is subject to reporting requirements under the transparency initiative.
Published: 26 March 2010
Updated: 8 October 2015
- Changes to rating code PL5001 listed under Schedule 1 (goods concerned). Pre-visit questionnaire clause added.
- Licence republished following clarification of MOD security requirements and adding ‘Ascension Island’ to the list of countries listed under Schedules 2 and 3.
- Licence amended to reflect the new Government Security Classification System.
- Updated guidance to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- Updated address for confirmation of eligible status (explanatory note, para 3).
- Amended 29 September 2013 to take account of EU Firearms Regulation 258/2012.
- First published.