Revised licence allowing the export or transfer of military and dual-use goods to UK armed forces in embargoed destinations.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export or transfer of most military and certain dual-use goods (has both a civilian and military application) to UK armed forces or Ministry of Defence civilians operating in the destinations named in schedule 2 of the licence.
All previous licences are revoked.
Published: 26 March 2010
Updated: 20 January 2017
- Liberia removed from destination countries in schedule 2.
- Amendments to the rating code PL5001 listed under Schedule 1 (Goods concerned). MOD security requirements clarified. Clause added referring to pre-visit questionnaires. Updated references to relevant EU Regulations and UK implementing legislation. Removed provisions relating to Sierra Leone and removal of Sierra Leone from Schedule 2.
- Licence amended to reflect the new Government Security Classification System.
- A paragraph has been added to the conditions and requirements of this licence to the effect that it will automatically run out if not used within any 24-month period.
- On 6 January 2014 the text under 'Conditions and requirements' of this licence was updated in error. The previous licence has been republished.
- Updated text in 'Conditions and requirements' to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- First published.