Open general export licence: exports under the US-UK defence trade co-operation treaty
Licence for the export or transfer of military goods or technology under the US-UK Defence Trade Co-operation Treaty from the UK to the US.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export or transfer of military goods or technology under the US-UK Defence Trade Co-operation Treaty from the UK to the US.
All previous licences are revoked.
This licence is subject to reporting requirements under the transparency initiative.
This permission is with the limitation that the licence is only used by members of the ‘Approved Community’ and provided that the ultimate end-user of the goods or technology is the US or UK government.
Published: 22 May 2012
Updated: 13 July 2017
- Licence updated to reflect amendments to the Export Control Order 2008 that came into force on 13 July 2017.
- This licence has been republished to reflect amendments to the Export Control Order 2008.
- Amendments to rating code PL5001. Clause added referring to pre-visit questionnaires.
- Licence amended to reflect the new Government Security Classification System.
- Updated to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- First published.