Index map: official search (PG10)
- Land Registry
- Part of:
- Official Searches and Official Copies: practice guides, Practice guides, and Searches, fees and forms
- First published:
- 13 October 2003
- Last updated:
- 30 January 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
Details of the information held on the index map and how to apply for an official search (practice guide 10).
This guide gives details of the information held on the index map and advice on how to apply for an official search. It is aimed at conveyancers and members of the public.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 30 January 2016
- Section 9 has been amended as a result of a change to our email addresses.
- Section 8 has been amended to reflect that we will no longer send results by fax.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Section 9 has been amended to reflect current policy that Land Registry will issue textual results for official searches of the index map in most cases.
- Section 12 has been amended as a result of a change of address of our Citizen Centre.
- Welsh version added.
- Section 9 has been amended to describe when we will issue a plan with a search of the index map result.
- First published.