- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Proficiency testing for food, water and environmental microbiology
- 3 September 2014
- Last updated:
- 22 September 2017, see all updates
This external quality assessment (EQA) scheme is suitable for laboratories located on production sites where the introduction of pathogens may be inadvisable.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 470KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The non-pathogen scheme is also suitable for laboratories that assess the microbiological quality of foodstuffs or perform shelf-life studies, but don’t routinely examine for pathogens.
The examinations covered are:
- Pseudomonas spp.
- Escherichia coli
- lactic acid bacteria
- aerobic colony counts at 30ºC
Published: 3 September 2014
Updated: 22 September 2017
- Updated with recent non pathogen scheme: trend analysis.
- Updated with non pathogen scheme: trend analysis for distribution NP050.
- The Non-pathogen scheme: trend analysis April 2005 to September 2014 has been added.
- First published.