Study into the creation of a national on-line tool to predict cycling levels in local authority areas.
First phase of the development of a national propensity to cycle tool to predict the demand for cycling in local authority areas.
This report reviews:
- how gender and age affect the preference for cycling infrastructure being separated from traffic
- how cycling levels may differs among different economic groups, due to infrastructure quality
The tool can predict cycling flows rates in numerous scenarios including:
- doubling the amount of cycling
- more e-bikes
- women and men being equally likely to cycle
- if people were as likely to choose to cycle as they are in the Netherlands