National Insurance: statement of National Insurance contributions (CA3916)
Use this form if HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) needs more information before sending you a statement of your National Insurance record.
You may need to fill in this form if you’ve asked for a U1, E301 certificate or a full statement of your National Insurance record. If we need some additional information from you, fill in this form on-screen, then print and post to us.
HMRC may need:
- final payslips from each employer you’ve had in the last 3 years
- payslips for the month of March for the last 3 years if you’ve been in employment
- form P60
- end of year certificate for the last 3 years
If you can’t send these, please send photocopies of all your P45 ‘Details of employee leaving work forms’ for the last 3 years.
If you’re applying for a portable document U1 or form E301, send us a letter from your former employer confirming the reason you left the job and also showing their full contact details including:
- phone number
The address to send information and forms is:
National Insurance Contributions & Employer Office
Benton Park View
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Before you start
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so you should gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.
If you ‘re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
Related forms and guidance
National Insurance contributions when you work outside the UK
This guide has information on tax and National Insurance contributions:
- if you are going to work or live abroad
- if you have worked or lived in the UK but now live outside the UK.
Social Security Abroad: NI38
This leaflet is about paying National Insurance contributions to the UK and getting benefits when abroad.
Published: 2 June 2014
Updated: 8 August 2016
- The online form is temporarily withdrawn for functional updates.
- Welsh translation added to the page.
- An online service is now available.
- Related forms and guidance added.
- First published.