Reduced rate National Insurance for married women

Give up your right to pay reduced rate contributions or ask for evidence that you're entitled to pay the reduced rate of National Insurance using form CF9.


Married woman's reduced rate contributions (CF9)


Use form CF9 if you’re a married woman and you want to give up your right to pay reduced rate National Insurance contributions or you need a certificate of election as evidence that you’re entitled to pay reduced rate contributions.

Before you start

If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly filled in form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Published 4 April 2014
Last updated 31 March 2016 + show all updates
  1. Welsh tranlation added to the page.

  2. First published.