The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) launched the 2016 round of national clinical excellence awards (CEAs) on Friday 11 March 2016.
The ACCEA submission deadline is Monday 16 May 2016.
Candidates must apply to ACCEA online. See more information on this online submissions process.
Public Health England (PHE) is now accepting applications that require PHE support.
To apply you must submit all applications, fully complete including your employer’s statement, to CEA2016@phe.gov.uk by 5pm on Thursday 14 April 2016.
We cannot accept late applications.
Applicants guide for the 2016 round: summary of changes
- 1.5.4 Distinction awards: clarifying that these are scored against the CEA equivalents
- 1.5.6 Regional scoring: all new and renewal applications are scored in their region. Each regional sub-committee is divided into two scoring groups
- 1.5.9 National Reserves process: includes details of the NRES sub-committee
- 1.8, 3.8 Personal statements will be published: this remains the practice; the personal statements of successful candidates are published
- 2.1.7 Applying for an award following retirement: explains what evidence will be considered for a new award
- 2.1.9 Consultants who previously held a reinstated distinction award applying for an award: explains what evidence will be considered for a new award
- 3.7.1 Things to remember when applying: for renewal applications include any extenuating circumstances such as ill health
- 4.2.2, 4.2.7 Successful renewal applications: explains cut-off scores applied to achieve successful renewal applications
How to apply
Read the PHE process, ACCEA guidance and summary of changes for 2016
Complete the application and forward the employer statement to your line manager or Centre or Regional Director.
Send the completed employer statement (assessment by domain) with your application to PHE by Monday 16 May 2016.
We will ensure that your employers statement (as provided by your line manager) is uploaded to the ACCEA online system and back with you by 13 May 2016 for you to submit by 16 May 2016.
Academics and local authority staff
For academics applying for a national award: apply through the NHS organisation at which you hold your honorary contract.
For public health academics: PHE is the ‘NHS’ employer. The management in your university must provide the employer’s statement and you submit it to us along with your application form.
For local authority staff applying for the national award through PHE: your line manager at the local authority should complete the employers statement.
For both groups, PHE will then upload this statement to the ACCEA online system where it will be countersigned by the Chief Executive for submission to ACCEA.
Any individual, university or professional body may support your application by completing the citation area on the ACCEA website. The author can upload citations directly on to ACCEA website at any time until the deadline of 17.00 on 16 May 2016, once you have begun an application on the system.
PHE do not need to see your citations.
Contact CEA2016@phe.gov.uk with any queries.
The amendments to the other Guides are mainly consequential upon these changes.