Assess and manage the risks posed by sexual and violent offenders: guidance for the police, prison service and probation trusts.
Multi-agency public protection arrangements are in place to ensure the successful management of violent and sexual offenders. This guidance sets out the responsibilities of the police, probation trusts and prison service. It also touches on how other agencies may become involved, for example the Youth Justice Board will be responsible for the care of young offenders.
The guidance includes information on the following:
- identification and notification of MAPPA offenders
- ViSOR, the secure database that holds details of MAPPA offenders
- information sharing
- disclosure and risk assessment
- risk management plans
- multi-agency public protection meetings
- MAPPA documents set
- custody, recall and transfer of MAPPA cases
- critical public protection cases
- mentally disordered offenders and MAPPA