Monitoring landfill gas surface emissions: LFTGN 07
- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- Environmental permitting: landfill sector technical guidance, Business and the environment, and Waste and recycling
- First published:
- 26 June 2014
Guidance on assessing methane emissions from the surface of permitted landfill sites.
Ref: LIT 5320 PDF, 918KB, 67 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance covers the following areas:
- an overview of emissions assessment
- walkover survey procedures - desk study and initial surface scanning and any remedial actions arising from these tasks
- flux box survey - the procedures for quantifying surface emissions and processing data
- interpretation and reporting - the interpretation of the data compliance with emission standards and the assessment of necessary remedial action
Published: 26 June 2014