Choosing the right terms and conditions of contract is essential for government and public sector buyers to get best value.
The Cabinet Office, Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and the Government Legal Service have published an updated version of the Model Services Contract (MSC). This version reflects developments in government policy, regulation and the market. The MSC forms a set of model terms and conditions for major services contracts that are published for use by government departments and many other public sector organisations.
The Model Services Contract:
- has been developed for services contracts with a value over £10 million
- replaces the ‘OGC Model ICT Contract’ version 2.3 and reflects current government priorities and recommended ways of doing business
- aims to aid assurance and reduce administration, legal costs and negotiation time
It is suitable for use with the range of business services that government purchases and contains applicable provisions for contracts for business process outsourcing and/or IT delivery services.
The documents are intended for use by procurement specialists and lawyers. You should carefully assess whether the provisions contained are appropriate for your project requirements and tailor the documents appropriately if required.
In addition we have published:
- Guidance on the MSC for those users involved in the contracting process who may not have specialist backgrounds.
- A Statement of Changes, showing what has changed, where, from the previously issued version.