MGN 156 Certificate of competency or MEOL yacht engine
This publication was withdrawn on
MGN 156 has been replaced by MSN 1859
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Part of:
- Training requirements: merchant navy officers, ratings, yacht officers, Ensign large yacht services: yacht management, and Marine guidance notes (MGNs)
- First published:
- 1 February 2001
Information for engine officer certificates for large commercial or private sailing and motor vessels and sail training vessels.
MGN 156 Training and certification guidance – part 17 certificates of competency or marine engine operator licences for service as an engineer officer on commercially and privately operated yachts and sail training vessels.
Ref: MGN 156 PDF, 1.37MB, 32 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This MGN has been replaced by MSN 1859
This notice is for all:
- deck officers
- engineer officers
- crews of commercially and privately operated yachts and sail training vessels
- those concerned with maritime training.
This MGN should be read together with MSN 1692 (M), MSN 1750 (M) and MGN 14 (M) (or subsequent amendments). It provides details of the certificate system for engine officers and personnel serving in:
- yachts or sail training vessel, in excess of 24 metres loadline length which are in commercial use for sport or pleasure and which do not carry cargo and do not carry more than 12 passengers, covered by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency’s (MCA) Code of Practice for Safety of Large Commercial Sailing and Motor Vessels; and
- privately operated yachts in excess of 24 metres loadline length used for sport or pleasure and which do not carry cargo and do not carry more than 12 passengers.
Published: 1 February 2001