- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV): clinical management and guidance
- 17 April 2015
- Last updated:
- 30 June 2017, see all updates
Explains how to send samples from suspected Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) cases for detection of MERS coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
Referral of samples for testing for the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in England
Ref: PHE publications gateway number 2017155 PDF, 202KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document provides advice for health professionals on:
- what samples to send to designated PHE testing laboratories or other testing laboratories
- how to collect and send samples for primary diagnostic testing
- Public Health notifications and laboratory reporting requirements
Published: 17 April 2015
Updated: 30 June 2017
- Updated document.
- Replaced with August 2016 publication.
- Change to reporting of negative results in algorithm.
- First published.