Meningococcal reference unit (MRU): user manual
List of available tests for meningococcal disease, what specimens to send, turnaround times.
PDF, 816KB, 30 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Meningococcal reference unit (MRU) Manchester provides:
- clinical advice for case and outbreak investigation and management
- meningococcal isolate confirmation and characterisation
- meningococcal DNA detection by PCR for non-culture case confirmation
- molecular characterisation of meningococcal isolates and non-culture (DNA positive only) material
- technical laboratory advice and support for large scale investigations
- meningococcal vaccine evaluation
- determination of response to meningococcal vaccination
- collection of >50,000 phenotypically characterised meningococcal isolates
- computerised database of laboratory confirmed cases
- collection of sera from laboratory proven cases of meningococcal disease
- support for collaborative scientific projects and audits