Meeting the needs of vulnerable clients: OISC practice note
- Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
- Part of:
- Guidance and practice notes for registered immigration advisers
- 5 December 2016
- Last updated:
- 24 April 2017, see all updates
Practice note on how immigration advisers should meet the needs of vulnerable clients.
PDF, 356KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This practice note from the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) provides guidance to assist OISC authorised advisers identify how a client might be vulnerable and to assist advisers in meeting the needs of such clients.
The practice note includes guidance on
- identifying a vulnerable client
- enabling a vulnerable client to access the services of a registered organisation
- factors to consider when dealing with a vulnerable client
- appropriate advice following instructions
Published: 5 December 2016
Updated: 24 April 2017
- HTML added
- First published.