Outcome report, produced from the maritime study, on the competitiveness of the UK maritime sector and recommendations for future growth.
PDF, 10.7MB, 137 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
A report containing the findings of the Maritime Growth Study. It includes recommendations to both government and industry on:
- maintaining the UK’s position as a world-leading maritime centre
- exploiting opportunities to generate further growth in the sector
The study was chaired by Lord Mountevans, who recommends that action is taken in specific areas to provide:
- leadership by both government and industry, including a more commercial and responsive UK maritime administration within government and an industry-led promotional body
- more proactive action to replenish and develop the skills needed to maintain our position as a world-leading maritime centre
- effective marketing by industry and government of what the UK maritime sector has to offer both domestically and internationally