Charity finances: trustee essentials (CC25)
Find out how to manage your charity’s assets and resources, from cash and investments to staff and volunteers.
Assets and resources usually mean charity cash and property, but can also include staff and volunteers.
When managing a charity’s assets and resources, the trustees should:
- plan for the future so the charity can meet its aims
- identify any risk to protect the assets and resources
- have a strong internal financial control policy
- set aside some funds as reserves to meet unexpected expenses
Published: 1 March 2011
Updated: 16 March 2017
- (a) Reflects updates on law and regulation in our other guidance on fundraising, insolvency, reserves and investments and (b) improves clarity of language and structure
- First published.