Management of landfill gas: LFTGN 03
- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- Environmental permitting: landfill sector technical guidance, Business and the environment, and Waste and recycling
- First published:
- 24 June 2014
This guidance sets out a structured approach to the management of landfill gas.
Ref: LIT 7999 PDF, 1.1MB, 128 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Produced by the Environment Agency and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), this guidance covers:
- the assessment of landfill gas impacts
- the implementation of control methods
- the monitoring required to demonstrate proper performance of the control measures
It consists of three parts:
- part A sets out the regulatory framework under which landfill gas is to be managed
- part B sets out the legislative requirements for landfill gas management and the role of risk assessment
- part C provides technical information and details of current best practice on landfill gas management
Published: 24 June 2014