MAA airshow assurance activity: post display season feedback
The MAA undertakes a series of flying display assurance and oversight activities to achieve a common goal of improving Aviation Safety (AS).
PDF, 69.1KB, 3 pages
PDF, 41.2KB, 1 page
The MAA undertakes a series of flying display assurance and oversight activities annually to achieve a common goal of improving Aviation Safety (AS) at flying displays and special events. This letter from the Director MAA, provides a summary of the MAA’s oversight from 2015.
The policy, rules, directives, standards, processes and the associated direction, advice and guidance, which governs military aviation activity and against which air safety is assessed with respect to flying display and special events are covered at RA 2335 flying displays and special events
The following publication sets out the safety and administrative procedures to be followed by the organisers and participants of civil displays and special events in the UK: CAP 403 Flying displays and special events: a guide to safety and administrative arrangements.
The MAA and the British Air Display Association (BADA) run a pre and post season display symposium aimed at assuring and promoting air safety within the air display environment and are supported by the CAA.
The date of the next symposium is the 2016 post season display symposium to be held at Shrivenham on the 3 and 4 November 2016.
Published: 18 December 2015
Updated: 1 August 2016
- The 2016 post season display symposium agenda has been published.
- Display flying: the human factors and error management challenge (poacher turned gamekeeper) has been published.
- Due to a delay in the publication of the flight safety magazine the error management within the military air show domain document has been temporarily removed to coincide with the publication of the magazine.
- Error management within the military air show domain has been published.
- Links to the pre and post-season air display flying and training symposium and the BADA website have been added.
- First published.