Guidance for the public on how to apply for a licence to acquire, possess or use poisons or explosives precursors.
If you want to acquire, import, possess or use certain chemicals, poisons or explosives precursors, you must have a valid explosives precursors and poisons (EPP) licence issued by the Home Office.
This document gives guidance to the public on:
- which substances you need an EPP licence for
- offences and penalties for not having a licence
- how to apply for an EPP licence
- how to renew, replace or amend a licence
- licence costs
- who needs a certificate of good conduct